Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Hungering Spirit

"We stand in the midst of nourishment and we starve. We dwell in the land of plenty, yet we persist in going hungry"

I forget where I found the above mentioned quote, but I do remember the context for my own hearing of the passage. There was time in my ministry when I questioned my own effectiveness, and I truely wondered what difference was I making in other peoples lives through this ministry. The quote helped me to remember that God's grace has always gone before me preparing my heart to receive the fullness of God's love.

In addtion this is what I learned: "I need to be patient when I'm waiting on the Lord to answer prayer not because God is slow to respond, but because I am slow to listen. In order to listen to the voice of God, we must be willing to empty ourselves so that we are hungry to hear.

No comments: