Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wow! It has been a while.

Here I go again! I woke up this morning, and decided that I must have something to say so why not say it. My daughter, Rachel, has left for college, and I am discovering that there are some things that you simply don't want to know when your child is 650 miles away, (campus freshman "hottie" of the week and Hendrix College Shirt Tales) but then I remember my own college experience and how the Sacred embraced me along the way. I trust her now to the Sacred

I received a phone call from Rachel asking whether or not her sister was with me. My response was, "no", but I am on the way to pick her up. She sounded disappointed. The next thing I know is that I received a text message asking if I could pick Rebekah up earlier. I didn't respond. When I picked up Rebekah at school, I told her that her sister, Rachel, would like for her to call . Rebekah looked somewhat puzzled, and proceeded to make the phone call. The first words out of Rebekah's mouth were, "Rachel...this is Rebekah." The next words out of Rebekah mouth made me cry. "Rachel...you don't need to cry." After the phone call Rebekah looked at me, and said, "I guess she really misses me."

You never really know how beautiful love is until it is absent. We do miss Rachel and I am glad.

1 comment:

AndreaG said...

That's really sweet- I hope she is soon swept up into the exciting world opening before her (but still misses home)